What is Direct Cremation?
Direct Cremation is the simplest way to take care of a lost loved one—a cremation that occurs in the days immediately following death, with no chemical embalming, no expensive coffin, and no viewing or traditional memorial service at a house of worship or funeral home. According to the Cremation Association of North America (CANA), cremation is now the #1 method of choice for disposition in the United States, and an increasing number of those cremations are direct cremations.
Families choose direct cremation for a number of reasons:
- Direct cremation is one of the most affordable options available. And Cremstar costs much less than most other direct cremation options.
- Direct cremation provides a simple solution during a difficult time. In fact, the entire process can be managed by phone and online via Cremstar.com from the convenience of your home in as little as fifteen minutes. We handle all the details and paperwork so that you can focus on what's most important: caring for your family and yourself, and remembering and celebrating the life of your lost loved one.
- Direct cremation doesn't require embalming or a traditional coffin. Not only does this save money, it’s much more environmentally friendly and serves as a legacy your loved one leaves to the planet.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- By phone: (888) 802-0999, available 24/7. (Se Habla Español.)
- By email: [email protected]
- By chat: 7AM - 10PM Eastern Time, seven days a week; click on the round red chat button on the bottom right of the screen.
If you have an immediate need, you may always order a direct cremation at Cremstar.com 24/7 by clicking on the Order Cremation button below, and a Cremstar representative will be in touch with you shortly.
© 2017-2023 Cremstar Inc. All rights reserved.