- In some cases, Cremstar of Pennsylvania may select an alternate crematory location, at its discretion and depending on individual circumstances. In such cases, and if you have chosen to pick up the cremated remains, you will be notified of the alternate pickup location.
- Cremstar of Pennsylvania does not perform removals of decedents in excess of 350 lbs. If at time of pickup the decedent exceeds the declared weight, a surcharge of at least $150 will be assessed. If the customer refuses to pay this additional surcharge, Cremstar of Pennsylvania will not remove the decedent from the point of pickup, and a cancellation fee of $300 will be assessed.
- By submitting payment and authorizing release of remains, you are indicating that the person has already died and is available for pickup from the facility or residence indicated, and understand that Cremstar of Pennsylvania will dispatch transport personnel based on this information. If, upon arrival of transport personnel, it is found that the person is not yet deceased, or the decedent is not available to be picked up for any other reason (including, but not limited to, an alternate service having already picked up the deceased, a legal dispute between those claiming authority over the decedent, or intervention of law enforcement) Cremstar of Pennsylvania will not remove the decedent from the point of pickup, and a cancellation fee of $300 will be assessed.
If you are picking up the cremains, note that if cremains are not picked up within thirty days, Cremstar of Pennsylvania shall place the cremains into storage. Once placed in storage, in order to receive the cremains, you will be charged a $50 retrieval fee, plus a $100 shipping and handling fee.
If you opt to have cremains shipped or delivered and they are returned undeliverable, we will hold them for thirty days, after which Cremstar of Pennsylvania shall place the cremains into storage. Once placed in storage, in order to receive the cremains, you will be charged a $50 retrieval fee, plus a $100 shipping and handling fee.
If you select "Scatter cremains", Cremstar of Pennsylvania and its third-party crematories are authorized to scatter the cremains at their discretion on your behalf. It is understood that after this scattering, the cremains cannot be recovered.
- Customer understands that Cremstar is not responsible for any jewelry or other personal items left upon the decedent at time of death, and shall hold harmless Mnemania and Cremstar for the disposition of any such items.
- Cremstar's funeral director will file the death certificate based on information provided via our online forms. If any information is missing or incorrect as provided, correcting the filing will incur additional costs and delays in receiving the death certificate.